There are several options to use the free VIN test prior to buying an old vehicle. A VIN check is particularly important when buying a car via Craigslist or eBay, as no dealership can provide no-cost access to premium websites like CARFAX, AutoCheck or autoDNA.com. You can obtain a no-cost VIN check by visiting the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB), VehicleHistory.com or iSeeCars.com/VIN.
Enter the digits of your car, and these sites will perform the check car vin number free and also provide details about the car.
National Insurance Crime Bureau
The National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB.org) makes it easy to use its VIN check tool. The website will inform you whether your car is:
- Reported as stolen or lost.
- Declared a total loss in the aftermath of an accident
This is the simplest of the free VIN tests you can avail of. The site is limited to 5 searches per 24 hours for each IP.
To obtain your report, go to the site and type in your vehicle’s VIN in the “Look Up a VIN section.” If you’ve accepted the terms and conditions and are sure, you’re not a robot, select “Search VIN.”
To get a more comprehensive VIN search, VehicleHistory is a free alternative that provides data such as fuel efficiency, cost-to-own, and cost analysis.
Other features you’ll discover in this no-cost VIN lookup are:
- Selling historiography
- Information on recalls at the current time
- An extensive list of the expiration dates of warranties by manufacturers
- Price predictions regarding the most optimal time to purchase a specific model and make
To receive your complimentary VIN report with VehicleHistory, simply enter your vehicle’s VIN on the “Research” tab on the homepage. After that, click “View Report ” and get the car vehicle history
SeeCars offers a second, more comprehensive free VIN checking experience. In addition to 200 data points, the free report of the car’s history provided by iSeeCars contains the following information:
- Analysis of price
- Price historical record
- Projected depreciation
- The best time to buy and sell
To receive the free VIN, check with iSeeCars, input the VIN code at the top, and hit “Analyze.”
Where to check the vehicle service history
Every automobile manufacturer offers an app where you can access the history of service for your vehicle. All you need is the chassis and engine number of the car. The requirement for registration numbers is usually non-essential. By doing this, you’ll be able to view all the records of visits to the service centre your vehicle was able to make to the authorized service centre. It is only the services performed by the authorized service centre (ASC). Repairs and work performed at a local workshop or outside of the ASC will not be reflected here.
This information can be accessed at the ASC, asking for documents for the specific car. It is also contingent on the policy on disclosure set by the ASC. They might not release the service history of someone who owns the vehicle.
The benefits of searching for your VIN
1. It takes away the confusion about Features and Specifications.-The automobiles of the present are more complex than they have ever been. It’s therefore difficult to accurately identify or even fully comprehend the features and specifications of a specific vehicle.
2. Offers proof of year, make and Model: Most insurance companies require customers to provide their vehicle’s VIN before estimating their costs or offering insurance. It’s not just the VIN vital for determining the exact specifics and features of the car.
3. VIN Coding is faster, more efficient,and has plenty of time to complete everything. Making your inventory updates for each car as well as entering numbers for YMM in order to identify the specifics of each vehicle can be very time-consuming and exhausting.
4. The story of the car is closely tied with the story of its vehicle.-VINs are unique for every car and constitute an integral part of the history of the vehicle throughout its existence. vehicle service history should be checked before buying any vehicle, you can use our website for this purpose.Thus, only the VIN search can reveal the history of the vehicle.